Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Abandonment"

HEY KIDDOS!
This piece I am sharing with you is something that has been a work in progress for over a year now because I started it before I had taken a year off from the studio. When I returned to my work, I finished it with a few trials. IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0828.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG
IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0834.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_0862.JPG
IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0980.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG

Through the beginning of the sculpture from over a year ago, to reconstruction and finishing, then to the drying process where cracking occur, and finally repair and final drying. I have decided to title this work “Abandonment” because it has taught be a valuable lesson on not abandoning what you love. It is hard to find the time sometimes when life is full of many commitments and responsibilities. Some how, some way, time is found. Don’t abandon creativity.

Until next time, follow me on Instragram @ruthiejeankahl; Twitter @ruthiejeankahl; or Facebook facebook.com/ruthiejeankahl!

-Ruthie Jean Kahl

No comments:

Post a Comment